Unknown facts and secrets about Brett Lee
Here are some secrets and facts revealed about Australian pacer, Brett Lee.
As we celebrate the birthday of Australian fast bowler, Brett Lee, we let you in on some secrets about the famous pacer.
- Brett Lee began playing cricket at 8 years of age.
- Brett Lee is part of a band 'Six and Out' comprised of fellow NSW cricketers: Brad McNamara, Gavin Robertson, Richard Chee Quee, and brother, Shane Lee.
- Besides being a pro at acoustic and bass guitars Brett Lee can also play the piano and the mouth organ.
- His acoustic guitar is with him on every tour.
- His Maton guitar is his most prized possession which is autographed by iconic musicians.
- Brett Lee is the co-owner of a café called 'Fusions Coffee Shop/Bookshop' with Luke Harriss.
- Brett Lee is the first Australian cricketer to claim a hat-trick in a World Cup (2003 vs Kenya).
- When not playing professional cricket, Brett gets back to Barclay's Menswear where he worked as a suit salesman before he debuted in Tests.
- Brett Lee has the fear of heights.
- Favourite rugby league team: St George Illawarra Dragons.
- Favourite cricketers: Dennis Lillee and Allan Donald.
- First car: Daewoo Cielo.
- Favourite cuisine: Indian.
- Favourite pizza: Hawaiian.
- Favourite Hollywood Actors: Eddie Murphy, Adam Sandler, Sandra Bullock.
- Favourite Bollywood Actor: Amitabh Bachchan.
- Favourite Movies: Shawshank Redemption, Happy Gilmore.
- Favourite TV shows: 60 Minutes and Australia's Funniest Home Videos.
- Favourite author: Stephen King.
- Favourite soccer team: Sydney FC.
- Competed at state level for javelin.
- Person he would like to be for a day: Elvis Presley.
- His non-cricket sporting heroes are the Socceroos.
- Starred in a short film called ‘Dream Date’, directed by Adam Rainford.
- First Hindi song he heard: Muqabla Muqabla, when he was 17 years old and on the U-19 tour of India. He still owns the cassette of that song.
- Featured in a duet song with legendary Indian singer, Asha Bhosle called ‘You’re the one for me’. The song reached a peak position of no.1 on Indian and South African music charts.
- Brett is also learning the Hindi language and is often speaks basic Hindi on his visits to India.
- His best cooking is beef stir fry.
- Once was the host of a program called Personal Best.
- Featured in ‘Flash Force’ a cartoon, as a hero.
- In first cricket match at the age of 9, he bowled out six batsmen in succession in a single over.
- Is in the credits of Hollywood movie 'Babe', as a pig-handler.
- Made a cameo in the Bollywood movie 'Victory' as himself.
- First pet: Rabbit named Floppy.
- Has two clownfish as pets, named them Finding and Nemo.
Post your views on the story - via your Facebook profile or using the comment box below