Ghodbunder Road: A new hub
By: Urmimala Banerjee
Location: Patlipada, Ghodbunder Road, Thane (West)
Pics / Atul Kamble
Distance from station: Rs 10 from Thane station by TMC buses
Closest mall/multiplex: Cinemax at Kapur Bawdi Naka
Nearest school: Sri Ma Vidyalaya at Hiranandani Estate
Nearest hospital: Hiranandani Hospital
Nearest college: Parshvanath College of Engineering at Kasarwadawali, Bedekar College at Chendani
* Ghodbunder Road connects the Eastern Express Highway and the Western Express Highway via Thane. It connects Thane to the western suburbs of Mumbai. It takes around half an hour to get to Mira Road from Thane via Ghodbunder Road. One can easily travel from here to Mulund, Bhandup and Ghatkopar
* The area has some good upcoming residential projects by Hiranandani Group, Runwal Group, Neelkanth Group, Lalani Builders, Shree Constructions, Cosmos Group, etc. Some of these are luxury projects
* The area has a number of schools, colleges, hospitals, retail outlets to meet the day-to-day needs of the residents
* There are a number of restaurants like Navras, Cottage Bar and Kitchen, Ripples Hotel, etc. Cinemax is located close by. It has Pizza Hut, Domino's and CafÃ© Coffee Day
* The Yeoor range runs parallel to the Ghodbunder Road providing a nice backdrop
* It is close to places like Manpada, Kolshet, Pokhran Road 2 and so on
* Besides the upmarket Hiranandani Estate, few other township projects are coming up in Ghodbunder Road.
* The area is far from the station. It takes around half an hour to 45 minutes to travel from the station to Ghodbunder Road. The situation is worse in the evenings when there's a big traffic jam near the station.
* Also, one has to shell out at least Rs 50 to go to Thane station by rickshaw
* Ghodbunder Road doesn't have much variety in terms of malls or entertainment hangouts. As of now, Cinemax is the only multiplex in the vicinity.
Cinemax multiplex at Wonder Mall is a big entertainment hub. Yeoor hills is a trekking spot for the residents and Suraj Water Park on the highway attracts visitors from all over Mumbai
Residents can shop for daily needs at Reliance Fresh, More and Subhiksha. Arcadia Shopping Centre at Hiranandani Estate has a number of shops and kiosks
There are quite a few schools in the area like Sri Ma Vidyalaya, Hiranandani Foundation School, St Xavier's High School, etc
Ghodbunder Road has seen a real estate boom in the past two years. The current real estate rates are between Rs 4,200 and Rs 6,500 per square feet