Golden Globes: Cate Blanchett, Matthew McConaughey win best actors
Cate Blanchett and Matthew McConaughey won the best actors in a motion picture drama at the 71st Golden Globe Awards for their films 'Blue Jasmine' and 'Dallas Buyers Club' respectively
Cate Blanchett was handed over the trophy by 'The Wolf of Wall Street' star Leonardo DiCaprio, and she looked stunning in a black backless gown as she beamed with joy upon hearing her name for the award.
In 'Blue Jasmine', a film by Woody Allen, the actress plays a rich Manhattan socialite who later gets a taste of poverty and homelessness.
Mattew McConnaughey was happy to receive the 'unexpected but gracefully accepted' award for his role as an AIDS patient in 'Dallas Buyers Club', a biographical drama based on the true life tale of Ron Woodroff.
Complete list of winners:
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical: Amy Adams, 'American Hustle'
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical: Leonardo DiCaprio, 'Wolf of Wall Street'
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama: Cate Blanchett, 'Blue Jasmine'
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama: Matthew McConaughey, 'Dallas Buyer's Club'
- Best Supporting Actress, Motion Picture: Jennifer Lawrence, 'American Hustle'
- Best Foreign Language Film: 'The Great Beauty'
- Best Supporting Actor, Motion Picture: Jared Leto, 'Dallas Buyer's Club'
- Best Director, Motion Picture: Alfonso Cuaron, 'Gravity'
- Best Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy: 'American Hustle'
- Best Motion Picture, Drama: '12 Years a Slave'
- Best Original Score, Motion Picture: Alex Ebert, 'All is Lost'
- Best Original Song, Motion Picture: 'Ordinary Love, Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom'
- Best Screenplay, Motion Picture: 'Spike Jonze, Her'
- Best Animated Feature Film: 'Frozen'
- Best Actress, TV Series, Comedy or Musical: Amy Poehler, 'Parks & Recreation'
- Best Actor in a TV Series, Comedy or Musical: Andy Samberg, 'Brooklyn 99'
- Best Actress in a TV Series, Drama: Robin Wright, 'House of Cards'
- Best Actor in a TV Series, Drama: Bryan Cranston, 'Breaking Bad'
- Best TV Series, Drama: 'Breaking Bad'
- Best TV Series, Comedy: 'Brooklyn 99'
- Best Supporting Actress in a TV Series, Miniseries, Motion Picture Made for Television: Jacqueline Bisset, 'Dancing on the Edge'
- Best TV Mini-Series or Movie: 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Best Actress, TV Movie or Miniseries: Elisabeth Moss, 'Top of the Lake'
- Best Actor, TV Miniseries or Movie: Michael Douglas, 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Best Supporting Actor in a TV Series, Miniseries, Motion Picture Made for Television: Jon Voight, 'Ray Donovan'